Recently, I received a notification that I had been nominated for a Liebster award. New to blogging myself, I had never heard of this, but soon found out that it is an online award given to new bloggers by some more experienced bloggers. The rules are simple, I got a message from Anna in Milan www.anniinankulma.blogspot.it that I had been nominated, together with 11 questions to answer. It is then my turn to recommend new blogs to my readers, as well as to link to their sites and ask some questions.
So here are the questions Anna asked me:
- What does it mean to you to be Finnish? I don’t really know, as I have never been anything else, so I can’t compare! But I think it means that I value honesty and straight talking, hard working people.
- What has been the most revolutionary change in your life? You’d think that I would answer by saying moving to another country, but no, the biggest change was having a child when I was nearly 35 and had been used to doing things “my way” for so long.
- How do you spoil yourself? With Fazer chocolate and good TV! I thoroughly enjoyed two new BBC dramas earlier this year, Banished (about the first convict settlers in Australia) and Poldark (the new remake of a series I had watched as a child in Finland).
- What type of a home do you dream of? A self cleaning one! No, seriously, one by the sea with a big veranda, preferably somewhere where the climate is nice.
- Any culinary secrets you want to share? I can do the easiest dessert on earth! All you need is a tin of pears and After Eight mints. Put the halved pears in an oven proof dish (flat side down) and put an After Eight mint on top. Put into a preheated oven until the mint chocolate has melted over the warm pear and serve with vanilla ice cream!
- What annoys you right now? Racism in Finland.
- What puts you in a good mood? West Ham winning, our parrot’s antics and our child’s success.
- If you had to change your career, what would you do? Become some sort of performer, maybe even an educator (they perform every day in front of students!)
- How do you surprise someone dear to you? If I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise, because they read this blog!
- Mention three things that you are happy about in your current situation? My health, my family and my friends!
- Any messages to your readers? Thanks for reading my blog, even if I keep on ranting at times! And please let me know if there are any particular subjects you’d like me to write about!
And now comes the interesting bit, my recommendation for interesting “new” blogs…This is where I think I’m going to stretch the rules a bit, as some of these blogs aren’t “new”, but I’ve found them a good read. You will notice a pattern, they are all by Finns living all over the world and some of them will be just in Finnish, whilst others are both in Finnish and English. I have also decided, that I won’t be asking these people questions, as I’m sure they are already well known to their readers, being more established bloggers than myself!
Hope you enjoy my recommendations! Next week I’ll hopefully be back to writing my normal blog!